Can over 100 residents of a small town sue our electric company for being overcharged?

Sullivan, MO |

we believe that our city is charging outragous rates for our electric. in the past 12 -18 months there were over a couple hundred resident whose bills have double and even tripled in cost for there electric. which is causing people in this good town to leave. what can i do?

While I do not practice in your jurisdiction it may be worth speaking to members of the town government and reaching out to other energy companies to see if there are means for providing competitive pricing for your region. I would suggest you speak with an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. You can find an attorney through Avvo.

I wish you all the best.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: I am licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and have an office in Waltham. My practice is focused in the areas of family law, estate planning, probate, elder law, landlord-tenant and employment law. I am ethically required to state that the above answer does not create an attorney/client relationship. These responses should be considered general legal education and are intended to provide general information about the question asked. Frequently, the question does not include important facts that, if known, could significantly change the answer. Information provided on this site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in your state. The law changes frequently and varies from state to state. Please contact me with questions and concerns at: (T): 781-647-8100 (E): I wish you all the best.