Can other parts of name be changed when changing due to marriage?

Asked over 1 year ago - Hartsville, SC

Name has to be changed due to marriage and would like to drop first due to currently being known by middle name. Would like middle name to become first, maiden name as middle and last to be new name by marriage.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . No

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866)... more
  2. Graves H. Wilson Jr.

    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . Yes. You can have the right to use whatever name you wish. You can change your name at any time. But it's easier when done during a divorce.

    This post is authored by an attorney licensed in South Carolina and written only about South Carolina law. The law... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

33,058 answers this week

3,584 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

33,058 answers this week

3,584 attorneys answering