Can one seek legal action due to submission of inaccurate commencement date or less than full-time status to loan clearinghouse?

New York, NY |

My university submitted an inaccurate date 5/2/14 to the loan clearinghouse as the date of my commencement date or less than full-time status. However, it is documented (in written form, with signatures from both the registrar of the university and the chair of the department) I will be enrolled until May 30, 2014. This decision or communication with the loan clearinghouse effects my deferment/ grace period associated with my loan and in the interest incurred on the federal student loan.

Handle the correction through the administrative offices of the University, and have them send the correction to the bank handling the loan. This is not a legal problem, it is an administrative one.

This does not constitute legal advice or the engagement of my services as an attorney.

Recommended articles about Bankruptcy and debt