Can one person sign a contract to sell heir property without asking the other parties involved?

Charleston, SC |

The property is in two sisters names who are deceased. One sister had four girls and three boys. Only three of the girls are still living. The oldest sister has signed a contract to sell the land and now she wants the other two sisters to sign a document for a clean title. The other sister who is deceased did not have any children.

1. I am in Louisiana, but let me see if I can be of any help. From your question, it is is implied that some siblings weren't consulted. So am I correct in reading that ALL of the boys AND three (of the four) girls of the first sister still ALIVE? So, are you saying NONE of the sons were consulted? If this is what you are saying, then the title won't be clean if all of the living children of the first sister signs to sell. If not, then trouble may result. They should have any attorney assisting with that transaction.

<<DISCLAIMER>> Information provided in this response is intended to be informational or educational only. It in no way establishes an attorney-client relationship. Because every case is factually (and in some instances jurisdictionally) dependent, it is not possible to accurately answer each question posed. If you have sincere legal concerns, it is highly recommended that you seek legal counsel IN YOUR AREA. A response is not intended to create, nor does it create, a continuing duty to respond. Also, Ms. Eskinde is licensed in Louisiana, so if you require immediate assistance, then you need to contact someone who is in your state, if outside of Louisiana.