Can one have a sealed indictment on them and never have been arrested for the crime

Waco, TX |

a vehicle was recked and cops questioned several people including myself. all gave sworn statements to the fact i nor anyone of them had anything to do with it or knew what happend. now there is rumor there is a warrant on me?

Retain a criminal attorney at once in Texas, do not make any incriminating statements in public or to any law enforcement.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602 http://alexanderivakhnenko.com

Talk to a lawyer there in Waco. Now.
Can there be a warrant without anyone telling you? Yes.

Confidential information should not be disclosed in this Internet forum. I am a Wisconsin lawyer. The laws in each jurisdiction can be very different. I cannot give legal advice over the internet nor can I establish an attorney client relationship with you. You should NOT assume or otherwise conclude that there is an attorney -client relationship between any reader and this writer or his firm. These comments are only guideposts. They are not subject to any privilege protections. Indeed, these internet communications are neither privileged nor confidential. Accordingly, those using this form of communication need to be guarded in what they write. Because of the nature of these communications the information is general only and should not be relied upon in any specific case. This internet site is public forum, where the communications are not confidential or privileged. There may very well be merit to your defense or position in this type of situation. However, there are hardly sufficient details for an attorney to provide you with some path to follow. It is imperative that ALL of the facts in a particular situation be examined. No conclusion can be drawn from the communication that you have provided. There are some matters that are just better handled by an attorney familiar with the procedures of the courts in your area. Most, if not all, legal matters should not be handled via internet communication. At best, the responders on this site can give you a few hints and guidance. To deal with a legal problem, nothing is better than to consult with a lawyer who will give you some time and advice. If you cannot afford an attorney, there should be agencies in your area that can provide discounted, or even free, legal services. Experienced Criminal Defense Lawyer in Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin http://addbalance.com Talking to the Police - Advice from Lawyers and Police: http://addbalance.com/police.htm

I wonder how this rumor got started, but, yes, there could be a warrant out for your arrest. A bail bondsman may be able to check for sure, however if it is a pocket warrant the bondsman would not know. Either way, don't give any more statements to the police, and have a good criminal lawyer in your corner in case you are arrested.

It is possible and relatively common for an officer to have a warrant for someone's arrest and the person not know about it. It's also almost impossible for that person to be able to determine if such a warrant has been issued. That's because any number of magistrates might have issued the warrant and the officer might have it in his pocket prior to the arrest. Similarly, it is relatively common for a Grand Jury Indictment to be returned without an arrest having been made.