Can one go to the fiance visa interview in another country?

Asked 8 months ago - Houston, TX

My friend is residing in Canada, but she is a Brazilian citizen. Can she go to the interview in Canada? If yes, does this mean that she has to live in Canada legally in order to do so? Thanks!

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

1

1

Best Answer

Answered . Your fiancé can apply for the K-1 visa in the Montréal only if she's a "landed immigrant"in Canada, i.e. has the legal right to reside in Canada or is there in any valid non-immigrant status, except tourist. Otherwise she will need to have that interview at the US Consulate in Brazil.

2. Stephen D. Berman

Pro

1

1

Answered . If she is in legal status in Canada, the interview will be scheduled there, not Brazil.

3. Anu Gupta

Pro

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.