Can on-lookers be charge for not taking action when they witness an assault against a victime?

Asked over 2 years ago - Rancho Cucamonga, CA

The staff persons of an establishment watched on as two youngmen were being beating by gang-members and they delay calling the police. One man was beat unconscious.

Attorney answers (5)

  1. 11

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . No. | The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to... more
  2. 9

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I echo Mr. Regan's answer.

  3. 8

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . nope

  4. 6

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Was there any relationship between "the establishment" and the victim? ANY relationship?

    Curt Harrington Patent & Tax Law Attorney Certified Tax Specialist by the California Board of Legal... more
  5. 3

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . They shouldn't be charged but the DA can file charges against anyone if they think they have committed a crime. If you have been charged, hire an attorney asap. If you are being investigated, hire an attorney asap. If you have not been cited, arrested, or should be fine.

Related Topics

Personal injury and libel

Libel is the written or visual defamation of another person’s character. False statements can damage someone’s reputation, so it is a type of personal injury.

Lawsuits and disputes

If you're faced with a dispute that can't be resolved by negotiation, a lawsuit may be necessary. It will allow you to seek a legally binding solution in court.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

38,337 answers this week

3,958 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

38,337 answers this week

3,958 attorneys answering