Can not hire attorney?

Asked almost 3 years ago - Emporia, KS

I had a 40000 dollar bond for sales of meth an illegal use of communication device an da gave me an or bond to work for police but said that it would end their deal with me if I hire attorney. Can the legally do that?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Robert C. Gigstad

    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I would strongly recommend you hire an attorney, or at least speak to a local attorney as soon as possible.

  2. Patrick Michael Lewis


    Contributor Level 16

    Answered . If you have a bond, you should have a court date. If you have a court date you need an attorney. The state can work with who they want to as far as CI's, but an attorney, including a prosecutor, has special obligations when dealing with an unrepresented person. You must ask yourself do you trust them if they don't want you to have representation.

    Legal disclaimer: Legal disclaimer: Patrick M. Lewis, (913) 558-3961, This answer is... more
  3. Benjamin J Lieberman

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . I don't practice in KS but that just doesn't sound right. If you are charged with a crime and face criminal prosecution you should definitely have an attorney.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

17,308 answers this week

2,333 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

17,308 answers this week

2,333 attorneys answering