Can non residential parent enroll the child in a daycare of their choice against non residential parent during summer visitation

Asked 5 months ago - Marysville, OH

Residential parent has previously had child enrolled in preschool at the same school that he is currently enrolled for summer camp, Summer schedule is every other weekend between residential and non and both are living in the same city limits. The court order states that residential parent is to make all final decisions.

That should state every other week

1. Jennifer Adrienne Nielsen

Pro

3

Answered . Both parties must follow the language of the court order. The residential parent may choose to give the schools a copy of the order, and tell the schools where the child will be enrolled. If one party does not follow the court order, the other party may file for contempt.

2. Elizabeth A. Warren

Pro

2

Answered . I agree with Ms. Nielsen. I would add that putting the schools in the middle of issues like this are extremely taxing on an overly taxed system. Schools, for purposes of liability, must abide by such court orders. Unfortunately, all too often schools become secondary visitations centers or places where such legal battles play out.