Can non residential parent enroll the child in a daycare of their choice against non residential parent during summer visitation

Marysville, OH |

Residential parent has previously had child enrolled in preschool at the same school that he is currently enrolled for summer camp, Summer schedule is every other weekend between residential and non and both are living in the same city limits. The court order states that residential parent is to make all final decisions.

That should state every other week

1. Both parties must follow the language of the court order. The residential parent may choose to give the schools a copy of the order, and tell the schools where the child will be enrolled. If one party does not follow the court order, the other party may file for contempt.

Attorneys on Avvo are donating their time. If my answer was helpful, please click "Best Answer" or "Helpful." I am licensed in Ohio. I handle cases involving family law and employment law. The nature of Avvo means that you have provided no documentation or full case details; therefore, any answer cannot be relied upon as legal advice. I am not your attorney. This post is not legal advice, but instead contains general educational information. Please do not act or refrain from acting based upon what you read in this post. Also please remember that this post does not form an attorney/client relationship between you and me. If you have specific legal questions, you should contact an attorney in your state for assistance.

2. I agree with Ms. Nielsen. I would add that putting the schools in the middle of issues like this are extremely taxing on an overly taxed system. Schools, for purposes of liability, must abide by such court orders. Unfortunately, all too often schools become secondary visitations centers or places where such legal battles play out.

Attorneys on Avvo are donating their time. If my answer was helpful, please click "Best Answer" or "Helpful." I am licensed in Ohio. I handle cases involving family law, DUI and mediation. The nature of Avvo means that you have provided no documentation or full case details; therefore, any answer cannot be relied upon as legal advice. I am not your attorney. This post is not legal advice, but instead contains general educational information. Please do not act or refrain from acting based upon what you read in this post. Also please remember that this post does not form an attorney/client relationship between you and me. If you have specific legal questions, you should contact an attorney in your state for assistance.

Child custody topics