Skip to main content

Can nieces that was listed as heirs contest our aunt's will?do we have a right to any part of her estate

Saint Petersburg, FL |

we are the next of kin we are her siblings children and siblings are deceased.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


This appears to be a duplicate question. Please see my answer on the other question post.

Answer does not constitute legal advice. (727) 471-0039 or, This answer is provided for informational and/or educational purposes only, does not constitute legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Adam is a Florida Attorney practicing in areas of Estate Planning, Elder Law, Trusts, Probate, Guardianship, and Business Law. Actual legal advice can only be provided after completing a comprehensive consultation in which all of the relevant facts are discussed and reviewed.


I agree with Attorney Rauman. Without knowing the family tree and all of the facts, it is impossible to answer your question. Generally speaking, any Will can be contested. Everyone is entitled to their day in court in the US legal system. The question is whether or not they are likely to win. You have not given us any information to enable us to analyze that issue whatsoever. You need to sit down with an attorney in Georgia and go through all of the facts, as well as providing a copy of the Will.

James Frederick

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ***************************************** LEGAL DISCLAIMER I am licensed to practice law in the State of Michigan and have offices in Wayne and Ingham Counties. My practice is focused in the areas of estate planning and probate administration. I am ethically required to state that the above answer does not create an attorney/client relationship. These responses should be considered general legal education and are intended to provide general information about the question asked. Frequently, the question does not include important facts that, if known, could significantly change the answer. Information provided on this site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in your state. The law changes frequently and varies from state to state. If I refer to your state's laws, you should not rely on what I say; I just did a quick Internet search and found something that looked relevant that I hoped you would find helpful. You should verify and confirm any information provided with an attorney licensed in your state. I hope you our answer helpful!


More information is needed in order to be able to answer this question. You may want to meet with a probate attorney to discuss the situation and explore your options.



I spoke with your assistant who was helpful. I read your review by a client and was very impressed How can i find a probono lawyer that look in to my case

Stephanie Sauer Woods

Stephanie Sauer Woods


You can contact the local bar association and get the number for the local legal aid society.

Wills and estates topics

Recommended articles about Wills and estates

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer