Can nieces that was listed as heirs contest my aunt will in the state of ga listed in the will

Asked over 1 year ago - Saint Petersburg, FL

we are the next of kin.the will does not state what are benefaries to in the estate

my aunt had siblings in which myself and cousin were the deceased brothers children. we are listed as heirs but the will does not state what we are entitled to and others are named who are no relation at all. and is there a inheritance law and a familyprotection that would benefit us

1. Adam Troy Rauman

2

Answered . There is not enough information in your question to properly answer your question. In general,
    people who are named as beneficiaries, or accidentally left out (spouse or children), or who would otherwise inherit via state statutes had there not been a Will, may be able to contest a Will. In legal terms, if you have "standing" you may be able to contest a Will.
    I recommend contacting an attorney to discuss your specific situation so you do not have to post additional personal information in this public forum.

2. Matthew Erik Johnson

3

Answered . We would need to know much more about the family tree. You may be the next of kin, you may not - state rules are very specific and iron clad regarding who gets what absent a Will. So even if there were grounds get the Will ejected, you would still need to have standing to do so.

3. James P. Frederick

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. You have a complex situation on your hands and you owe it to yourself to sit down with a probate attorney in Georgia.

James Frederick