Can my workers comp. stop paying because i need morning physical therapy appointments and they want me to go to afternoon.

Asked over 1 year ago - Cleveland, TN

I have scheduled all my appointments in the mornings due to me being in a knee immobilizer now workers comp has called my therapist telling them to change my appointments to afternoon or they wont pay ..also have asked if there is anything my therapist can do to make it so im not in pain when i leave therapy so i can return to work for the day . my job is giving me the days off twice a week for therapy already and it is better for me to do the therapy in the mornings before i put my brace on rather than going into therapy after having the brace on all day which causes my knee to become stiff.

1. John M Connell

Pro

1

Answered . This sounds like an unreasonable request and a dictation of medical care by the adjuster. If that were here there are things an attorney could do about it but each state is different in the way these are handled. I suggest that you see what the Ohio attys think and then may do a consultation with someone to determine if having an attorney would be helpful to you in your claim.

2. Charles Joseph Michael Candiano

Pro

1

Answered . Your employer has a right schedule your care as they see fit and to do everything they can to get you back to work sooner so long as that is consistent with the desires of your medical provider. They are probably trying to eliminate the extra day off by scheduling the PT early in hopes that you will recover sufficiently to report to work the next day.

3. John D Wu

1

Answered . Contact a workers compensation attorney around your area and ask if you can request your employer for a reasonable accommodation when it comes down to scheduling appointments.