Can my wifes mother and her deported ex husband keep her from her kids?

Asked about 1 year ago - Rialto, CA

my wifes ex husband is deported but now is back in the u.s.a. illegaly again. And her mother are keeping the kids away from her and state that they will keep them from her at any cost. My wife attempted to pick up the kids from her mothers house as to where her mother put the kids in the car and fled not returning with them at all. My wife and i reside in san diego and my wife works so she had to return but her mother stated that she will not hand over the kids and well the police said that if they are involved and the mother states anything claimming that my wife is a bad mom even if its out of anger that the police will involve child services is this so? What can we do to get her kids back? Please help

1. Cathleen Elisabeth Norton

Pro

Answered . You need to look first to the custody orders that are in place, and follow them until you file a Request for Order seeking to modify the custody order. I am including links below which may be of some help. Good luck.