Can my wife travel to the US for a temporary visit while she has an I-130 pending?

Warrenton, VA |

My wife runs an export/import business and she needs visit the US for merchandise purchasing. We understand the implications of entering the US on a non-immigrant visa with an I-130 pending, so will she be barred from entering the US on a B-1 visa under these circumstances?

Also, she has proof that she still retains residence in her home country in the form of medical insurance, bank accounts, telephone contracts.

She will have to be extremely careful with what she tells the officer when entering, what exactly she does do while here, and will likely be scrutinized when applying/entering. Consult briefly with an immigration attorney for particulars.

Mr. Moreno is correct. There will be heightened scrutiny when she enters.

The answer provided is for general information purposes and cannot be relied upon. In order to provide legal advice, one must engage with a live attorney; this answer does not create such attorney-client relationship.

She would run a very high risk of being denied entry.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics

Recommended articles about Form I-130 (alien relative)