Can my wife get a visa, if she got caught putting to false papers in 2006, She got banned from the U.S. Embassy for 5 years in

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

Her Ban is up can she get a visa. She put the false paper in Dominican Republic U.S. Embassy, I am U.S Citizen and i have already put the papers for her,i-130, AFDS, DS230, 231. I need my wife to come to U.S., can she come or get a visas.

1. Dana Roxana Bucin

3

Answered . You need to consult a lawyer as to exactly what happened and what her options are now.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

4

Answered . The chance of the Santo Domingo post ever issuing your wife a visa are next to none, unless and until your hardship waiver is approved, and even after that the consulate might have other cards up their sleeve to find your wife inadmissible on another, until now undisclosed ground.

If you are serious about this as I think you are, then you must realize the importance of contracting the professional services of a high powered immigration lawyer in NYC (and for your own sake it better not be a fellow Dominican..)

3. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

3

Answered . Hire an attorney to review her immigration history and advise the best option.

4. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

2

Answered . Under US immigration law an immigrant who produces intentionally incorrect documentation may be denied immigration, have immigration benefits curtailed, and face criminal and civil penalties. While she was "banned from the the U.S. Embassy" form submitting "false papers" there may still be consequences once the ban is lifted.

You should talk with an experienced immigration attorney about the specifics of her situation. S/he may then be able to give you a clearer outlook on what you can expect.

5. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.