Can my wife file for back child support for children 33 and 24 years of age?

Asked over 2 years ago - Houston, TX

I have been separated from my wife since 1989.I have just now got the funds to file for a divorce.She has never filed support before so there has never been an order for support.They both have jobs and live on there own and have there own children.She is just doing this out of hate and has already been with someone since 1991.

1. Karen L. Marvel

Pro

4

1

Answered . Your wife cannot get back child support. I hope you were supporting your children from the time of your separation so she cannot use that against you. The law says retroactive child support is limited to filing before the child's 22nd birthday.