Skip to main content

Can my wife file child support under her maiden name if we are still married and pregnant with another mans baby

Lucama, NC |

My wife want to keep say that she's going to file child support and she has been putting everything in her maiden name and we are still married and won't let me see my child

Attorney Answers 2


Your wife has the right to file for child support if you guys are separated and your child is in her care. If you are having issues visiting with your child you should file a complaint for custody and get a court ordered custody arrangement. Your Wife's current pregnancy does not have anything to do with your potential obligation to pay child support.

Good Luck!

The information contained in this answer is not intended to be legal advice as the drafter of the answer does not know particular details about your case. For more information please visit our website

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


Agreed. You may have other claims regarding her putting everything I. Herb maiden name and committing adultery. No amount of bad behavior on her part will affect child support however so long as she has custody.

Consult with a divorce attorney As soon as possible to protect yourself.
Good luck

The information contained in this response is general information and is not legal advice. Nothing contained in this response should be construed as legal advice or creating an attorney-client relationship between the attorney and the reader. An attorney-client relationship may only be created by express representation agreement between Glenn Doyle of Doyle & Doyle, PA and Client.

Mark as helpful