Can my wife be sued over unsecured credit card debt???

Macon, GA |

my wife has several credit card accounts she has quit paying bc we simply couldn't afford minimum payments due to a 700 per month cut in pay.......
i offered to pay several 20 per month and they refused.........

can she be sued ???

Yes, your wife can be sued for non-payment of unsecured debt. Try consulting with a NON-PROFIT debt settlement/consolidation company, or request a free consultation with a bankruptcy attorney in your area.

*My response to your question posed on did not create an attorney-client relationship.

The short answer is yes, she can indeed be sued. Other consequences can include the creditor writing off the debt and sending you a tax form reporting the forgiveness of debt as "income" to you for which you then have to pay taxes.
Working with a not-for-profit credit counselor may help. Depending on the amount of the debt you may also want to consult with a banruptcy attorney.

Nothing in this response as posted on may be deemed to create an attorney client relationship.

Recommended articles about Bankruptcy and debt