Skip to main content

Can my wife and i sue our brother and sister in law forraising there is still locked up she just got out.we have had him

Tipton, IN |

my wife and i have our 2children grown and now we ar having to raise our brothers and sistein laws 4 year old.this is a huge change in our life both mentally.can she be in trouble about not tking respopncabilty.we r tapped out very early every month because of this..and our time shoul;d be worth something too!!

Attorney Answers 2

  1. It was court ordered? You can consult a family law attorney and see what can be done. There could be support.

    We do not have a client/attorney relationship until you make an appointment, we discuss your case face to face, I accept a retainer, and we explictly agree to enter into representation.

  2. You should get a court order of guardianship and ask the court for child support from the parents. Your time is not compensable. However, every parent has a duty to provide support for their children.

Child abuse topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics