Can my wife and i sue our brother and sister in law forraising there kid.one is still locked up she just got out.we have had him

Tipton, IN |

my wife and i have our 2children grown and now we ar having to raise our brothers and sistein laws 4 year old.this is a huge change in our life both finacially...ad mentally.can she be in trouble about not tking respopncabilty.we r tapped out very early every month because of this..and our time shoul;d be worth something too!!

It was court ordered? You can consult a family law attorney and see what can be done. There could be support.

We do not have a client/attorney relationship until you make an appointment, we discuss your case face to face, I accept a retainer, and we explictly agree to enter into representation.

Mary Katherine Brown

Mary Katherine Brown

Again, your local attorney’s are usually the best source of advice, and their answers should be given the highest regard.

You should get a court order of guardianship and ask the court for child support from the parents. Your time is not compensable. However, every parent has a duty to provide support for their children.

Mary Katherine Brown

Mary Katherine Brown

It is always a good idea to give priority consideration to the information provided by your state's attorneys as they are most often the best source of up-to-date information on local law.

Mary Katherine Brown

Mary Katherine Brown

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody