Skip to main content

Can my undocumented 15 year old sister in Georgia move to California for college and be eligible to pay in-state tuition?

San Jose, CA |
Filed under: Education law

My undocumented sister who is in high school in Georgia would like to continue her studies in California to become a Veterinarian since it is harder to get in-state tuition for undocumented students in Georgia. Will she be eligible in-state tuition under the CA dream act if she takes at least two years of college in CA? Or should she apply for Deferred Action instead? If it helps, she has resided in CA from 2002 up to July of 2009 and moved to Georgia after that. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Attorney Answers 1

  1. Please contact the International Rescue Committee in your state for consultation regarding Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA). International Rescue Committee

    2305 Parklake Drive, Ste. 100
    Atlanta, Georgia 30345
    United States
    Tel: (404) 292-7731

Education law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics