Can my traffic/parking ticket be excused? or what can i do in my situation?

Asked over 1 year ago - North Hollywood, CA

I have a friend that is going through struggles in life right now. He has been receiving parking\ traffic tickets from a car that he has but he has no where to put it because right now he is homeless. So is there way that the parking ticking can be excused or what can he do in his situation. This is in California.

1. 5

Answered . He has to deal with these tickets. It is possible his car can get impounded. He should check into homeless court.

Andrew Roberts (818) 597-0633/ (805) 496-7777
  2. 3

Answered . He has to go deal with the ticket directly. He also needs to find places to park where he knows he won't be ticketed. If he doesn't he'll get his registration suspended and his car can get towed, etc. It's a common situation that will worsen his situation.

3. 3

Answered . If he can prove that the vehicle is disabled - i.e. flat tire or other excuse then he can attempt submitting this proof to the parking bureau that issued the ticket and seed that the ticket be excused based on the argument that he could not move the vehicle. Otherwise he needs to not park illegally.