Skip to main content

Can my step dauther take over my house without my consent, how do i get her out of my house, so i can raise my dauther there

Houston, TX |

Now my step dauther has moved into my house which was awarded to her mother in the final divorce decree, also her mother was ordered by the courts to impose an encumbrance for owelty of partition which she never complied with, I want to know what are my legal writes in this case, who do I need to talk to, and what do I need to do next

Attorney Answers 2


How is it your house if it was awarded to your ex- wife? Doesn't make sense. Can't understand what right you have to possession.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided in this post is general information only and is not intended to be, nor is it, specific legal advice for the facts cited or for any similar facts. The reader is encouraged to seek the assistance of a lawyer to assess the complete set of facts and provide legal advise thereon. This post does not establish any attorney/client relationship, either with the person who submitted the actual question or any other person.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


If the home was awarded to your ex in the cddivorce decree, then you have no say in who she allows to live there. As for the owelty of partition, that paperwork should have been done along with the decree when the case was being finalized. Did you have an attorney? If so, then you should contact them and ask that the proper paerwork be completed and filed with the real property records. I have attached a link to my website, containing my contact information. Call me if you want to discuss this matter further.

All answers provided through Avvo are intended to assist in answering simple legal questions and should never be understood to have created or to have intended to create an attorney client relationship between myself and any individuals submitting questions.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Divorce topics

Recommended articles about Divorce

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics