Can my statement" i am married" be submitted in court of law that i am actually married

Asked over 1 year ago - Apopka, FL

i stated on my application for visa that i was married, when in actual fact i was in the process of starting the marriage process, and the marriage never took place

Pro

3

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  2. Eric J Trabin

1

Answered . The statement is admissible in court but insufficient to prove that you are actually married. A certified copy of a marriage license will do that.

This is not to be considered legal advice nor does an attorney-client relationship exist.
  3. Sean Patrick Lewis

1

Answered . I'm not sure I understand the question, but I do understand that you have lied on a government form. Are you asking if someone can use the form you filled out as evidence that you are married? More likely, they can use it to say that you indicated that you are married. Typically, if someone wanted to provide you are married, they would go to the city/county where you were married and get a copy of the filed documents showing that the ceremony was performed.