Can my spouse file for AOS later?

Asked about 1 year ago - Milwaukee, WI

My company is already starting to file my AOS. My husband is an overstay and they are still assessing if he can be included using 245i. Will it be ok to file for my AOS now and my husband a little bit later? What will be the implication of filing the AOS separately?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

5

Answered . If you qualify for 245i - he qualifies.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

3

Answered . It is not a good idea to file them separatey.

Don't be in a rush to file your papers ... get a good lawyer to review his papers ... you say 'they are still assessing' ... please confirm that it is a lawyer that is making this assessment and not a non-attorney in HR.

3. Stephen D. Berman

1

Answered . Yes, anytime before you are granted adjustment he can file. Once you are granted, he should also be able to file as a "following to join" until you become a U.S. citizen.