Can my spouse apply for a visit visa after approval of her I-30 application?

Washington, DC |

I am permanent resident wanting to sponsor my spouse on I-30. Though the I-30 approval comes early enough, the queues for interviews are long and it takes several years. The question is what are her chances to apply for, and at least visit me on a visit VISA after her I-30 is approved.

All visa applicants are regarded as intending immigrants. She must be able to overcome this by showing compellling reasons for her to return/exit the U.S. and not stay beyong the authorized period of stay.

Madrid Crost Law Group - (888) 466-4478; e-mail: mc@madridcrost.com; skype: usvisalaw 10 S. La Salle Street, Suite 3320, Chicago, IL 60603 Please consult with a licensed immigration professional to provide you with a thorough legal advice. This response is not a substitute for specific legal advice and it should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship. Please help stop notario fraud. Please visit and share this site: www.stopnotariofraud.org.

Slim to none. Sorry.

I agree with my colleagues. It is possible however if there are compelling reasons, i.e., to go to the bedside of a loved-one after a medical procedure.

Extremely unlikely that she would be admitted on a non-immigrant visa with a pending I-130. Good luck to you.
---------------------------
Dean P. Murray
The Murray Law Firm
560 Sylvan Avenue
Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
T: (201)875-2600
F: (201)549-8700

Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during a face to face attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private consultation with an attorney. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state (or, in the case of immigration law, and attorney in ANY state), whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on Avvo.com are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual.

Marriage and prenups topics