Skip to main content

Can my spouse apply for a temporary visa while we wait for approval of the I-130 petition? Is a K-3 visa the same?

Boston, MA |

I started the process for a K-3 visa for my spouse, I recently sent the I-130 petition, but we wonders if we could head to the U.S consulate in our country to apply for a Temporary visa, so my spouse can enter the U.S to see me.

Attorney Answers 1


What kind of temporary visa does your spouse want to apply for? The quickest way your spouse will enter the United States is by continuing with the application of the K-3 visa.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics