Can my sons father request for a post poned court date for custody if he's going to jail & I don't agree to it?

Asked about 1 year ago - Oregon City, OR

He's going jail for a dui. I'm stable he's not. I don't have a lawyer so im not sure how this works with post poining?This is his 2nd dui, he's been in anger management & aa classes. There's alot that's against him. I have nothing on my record & work with kids

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Jay Bodzin

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Certainly he can request it. He's most likely to get it, too. We want to be sure everyone has their day in court. Mind you, if he's going to jail, he's going to have a hard time when he does get to that custody hearing. Your superior "stability" is a argument for you to win the custody case on the merits, but not to allow you to deny him the chance to make a case at all.

    Please read the following notice:

    Jay Bodzin is licensed to practice law in the State of Oregon and... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,412 answers this week

2,941 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,412 answers this week

2,941 attorneys answering