Can my son get a job if he moved out of state. He was put on probation for shoplifting charge six years ago. He completed probat

Asked about 3 years ago - Powder Springs, GA

ion and graduated from college last spring. But he cant get a job get a job even though he sentenced under first offender act...

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Paula Jeanette Mcgill

    Contributor Level 17

    Answered . Nowadays many employers do background checks. Even if he moves out of state, it may still show up.

    Nevertheless, as time goes on, it may become easier for him to find a job, especially since he was relatively young when it occurred.

  2. Lee William Fitzpatrick

    Contributor Level 16

    Answered . He may actually do better in state. The 1st offender law includes a section that prohibits Georgia employers from using a 1st offender case to exclude a candidate for employment.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,585 answers this week

3,038 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,585 answers this week

3,038 attorneys answering