Can my sister in law how is going to be my sponsor for affidavit of support use her house to meet the requirements??

Asked over 1 year ago - Richmond, VA

My husband is unemployed . So we asked his sister to sponsor me . She is not making enough money but she has a house . Can she use her house to meet the requirements ? What paper work would she need to provide ?

1. Alena Shautsova

Pro

2

9

Answered . I agree with my colleague. You should consult an experienced immigration attorney for this matter. You may schedule a consultation with an immigration lawyer in your area, my firm is handling these matters in New York. If you would like free legal updates on these immigration issues you may sign up for our newsletter at http://www.shautsova.com .

2. Matthew L. Kolken

Pro

3

Answered . Generally, the assets of a co-sponsor equal to or in excess of 125% minimum poverty guidelines may be considered.

See the link below for the USCIS instructions to the Form I-864, affidavit of support.

One or more answers have been taken down.