Can my sister 13 year old come to USA along with my mom I 130?

Asked over 1 year ago - Ripon, CA

I am going to file i130 for my mom . Of course I am USA citizen . I have one 13 year old sister. When I file I 130 for my mom , can my sister come to USA along With my mom petition ? Thanks . If she can't come , what is the fastest way to get her here .because she need to have some one take care .

Attorney answers (6)

  1. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . Your sister will not be able to come on that petition. A separate petition would have to be filed for her. You can do so and your mother can do so when she becomes a resident.

    Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street,... more
  2. Alena Shautsova


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Unfortunately your sister will now be able to benefit from the I-130 filed for your mom. The immediate relatives' category does not permit dependents. Please call for a consultation.

    Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may... more
  3. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . No. The fastest way for her to immigrate is for you mom to petition her as soon as she becomes a legal permanent resident.

    How long it takes depends on how long it takes for the priority date to become current. The movement of priority dates cannot be predicted.

    For the latest visa bulletin see

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more
  4. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . No. Immediate relatives cannot bring derivatives.

  5. Thomas Joseph Baker

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Unfortunately your sister can not benefit from an I-130 petition. The best bet would be for your mother to file for her when she gains status. In the meantime, you could look into student visas for her. I would consult with a local attorney so they can extract every relevant fact and give you the most accurate answer possible.

    Thomas J. Baker
    Law Office of Daniel M. Wigon
    Associate Attorney

    Main Office:
    816 H Street Suite 108
    Sacramento, CA 95814

    Martinez Office:
    820 Alhambra Ave
    Martinez, CA 94553

  6. Justin G. Randolph

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You should look into getting a student visa for her so she can attend school here. I'd suggest hiring an attorney for assistance.

    My answering this question does not form an attorney-client relationship. Always retain a qualified attorney... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,748 answers this week

3,175 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,748 answers this week

3,175 attorneys answering