Can my school prevent me from parking in their parking lot if I am a registered student there

Hicksville, NY |
Filed under: Education law

I am a registered student at a beauty school. There are several parking spaces in the lot reserved for the school. The owner of the school now will no longer allow us to park in these spaces and wants us to pay in the municipal lots across the street. is this legal?

1. They are not obligated to offer student parking. Parking may be for staff. Certainly, it doesn't come close to being illegal.

If you'd like to discuss, please feel free to call. Jeff Gold Gold, Benes, LLP 1854 Bellmore Ave Bellmore, NY 11710 Telephone -516.512.6333 Email - Jgold@goldbenes.com

2. It is legal.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.

Education law topics