Can my relative file for Employment Authorization (I-765) concurrently with a status adjustment?

The relative is a parent who I'm petitioning for. They have a valid SS# but it isn't valid for employment.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA -

You can file the I-765 with the I-485 Adjustment of Status application. The USCIS website states that "...you may file these forms together. If you choose to file the I-765 ... separately after July 30, 2007, you must also submit a copy of your I-797C, Notice of Action, receipt as evidence of the filing of an I-485."

It is also important to note that no additional fee is required to file a I-765 with a I-485 application (which was filed on or after July 30 , 2007)

Good Luck!

Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Immigration Attorney - San Francisco, CA

Yes

Ji Min Kim

Ji Min Kim

Immigration Attorney - Tacoma, WA

They can file 485 and 765 together

J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

Yes