Can my relative file for Employment Authorization (I-765) concurrently with a status adjustment?

Rancho Cucamonga, CA |

The relative is a parent who I'm petitioning for. They have a valid SS# but it isn't valid for employment.

You can file the I-765 with the I-485 Adjustment of Status application. The USCIS website states that "...you may file these forms together. If you choose to file the I-765 ... separately after July 30, 2007, you must also submit a copy of your I-797C, Notice of Action, receipt as evidence of the filing of an I-485."

It is also important to note that no additional fee is required to file a I-765 with a I-485 application (which was filed on or after July 30 , 2007)

Good Luck!

This is not legal advice & no attorney-client relationship is created or implied by this communication. To contact this attorney for a free consultation see her profile or contact (585) 247-9170.

They can file 485 and 765 together

Yes

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Yes

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104