Can my probation officer violate me for a dirty drug test if I have a prescription for Desoxyn?

Asked over 1 year ago - Anaheim, CA

I'm on felony probation and tested dirty for methamphetamine. Shortly after this dirty test my doctor prescribed Desoxyn. Can my probation officer violate me for my dirty test prior to my doctors visit?

1. Daniel C Grupenhagen

1

Answered . I think the answer is yes, but there isn't enough info in your post to say definitely. I would not assume that your PO doesn't know how to do his/her job. It would help to discuss the matter directly at this point.

2. Robert Laurens Driessen

Answered . I believe you are talking about a test that came back dirty prior to you getting a prescription from the doctor. So yes if you used meth while on probation and tested positive for it they can and will violate you. You will need an attorney.
    Robert Driessen

3. Michael Douglas Shafer

Answered . Yes.