Can my probation officer give me a drug test at my home vs. probation office?

Newton Highlands, MA |

ihave a new probation officer and he stated i will be having random drug testing. can he make me take one at my home or is it only legal at the office?

1. many states have different rules regarding probation requirements, however the paperwork you signed and submitted when you agreed to the probation terms should clearly state all requirements, obligations and terms.

Good luck. To be safe, it is generally best to comply with your probation officer as much as possible to avoid being revoked on technical violations.

2. You can be tested at home as well as in the office. However, the probation officer cannot simply add random testing to your probation conditions if it was not one of your conditions before. Conditions of probation can only be changed when there is a violation of probation.

This reply is intended for informational purposes only and does not create an attorney-client relationship with any reader.