Can my pharmacy be financially liable?

Asked over 1 year ago - Boston, MA

I was prescribed Vicodin and penicillin for my tooth extraction. My penicillin.bottle said take 1 four times a day and my vicodin every 6 hours, for the past 2 days ive been very drowsy and throwing up, I just looked at my bottles they are all vicodins same pills in both bottles! I knew something wasnt right since everyone kept telling me penicillin shouldnt make me feel the way I felt, what can I do?

1. Andrew Daniel Myers

2

1

Answered . Pharmacy negligenge unfortunately happens with increasing frequency. Save the bottes and pills as well as all paperwork including your receipt and the instruction sheets that may have come with the items. Contact a personal injury attorney with experience in prescription error cases. Here's an article on the subject: [Blue-Link-Below]

2. David Ian Schoen

Pro

1

Answered . You do not indicate how you are doing now. If you are doing well, with no long term effects then it may be difficult to find an attorney who will pursue this case for you.

3. Jason Todd Studinski

2

1

Answered . You may have a valid claim. I suggest you consult with a local medical malpractice lawyer. Generally, you have to prove three things to win a case like yours. First, you have to prove that the pharmacy's conduct fell below the standard of care. If you got the wrong medication, you will probably win on this element. Second, you have to prove that the pharmacy's negligence was a cause of injury. Third, you will have to prove that you suffered damages.

You should be prepared to discuss elements two and three with a local medical malpractice lawyer in considerable detail.

Pro

2

Answered . Google "pharmacy errors lawyer" and have the lawyer investigate.