Can my parents stay after the stamping date expires on passport?

Richmond, VA |
Filed under: Immigration

my parents r visiting me in u.s from india for 6 months. Their journey started on 20th may and return is slated for 20th nov. However the stamping on immigration mentions last date of stay as nov 19th,2013. will this cause any problems if they travel the next day? i want to make sure there wont be any further problems for them in the future.

1. Any overstay, even one day, can invalidate their visas and make it more difficult to return in the future. They should leave on the 19th of Nov. or earlier.

2. Any overstay will be an issue in future trips to the US and in future visa applications.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

3. They should but you want to be sure, make them leave before the 19th. One is this supposed to be one date after and not one day before?

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.