Can my Mother Submit 2 I_864 as a Joint sponsor for my wife and daughter?

Asked 10 months ago - Rising Sun, MD

Hi i don't have 3 most recent income tax return i only have 2, 2011 & 2012, so i ask my mother to help me to file I_864 as joint sponsor for my wife and daughter can she sponsor two person or just 1 person per joint sponsor?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. F. J. Capriotti III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . One I-864 can be used for both people ... make a photocopy and make sure both names are on it.

    You can get a copy of your 2010 return and the REQUIRED Tax Return Transcript from the IRS:

    Make sure she understands the risks/responsibilities she is taking on for 10 years.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It... more
  2. Wendy Renee Whitt

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . She can be a joint sponsor. You are still going to have to file the 2010 tax returns (if you failed to file before). Otherwise, request your tax transcript for 2010 online.

  3. Bruce Givner


    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . Why don't you hire an immigration lawyer in Maryland? Try Matthew Glinsmann at 301-987-0030.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

  • 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask span5@2x

Ask a question on our public forum.

Ask a lawyer
Instant span6@2x

Have an attorney contact you privately.

Right now.

Icon lock@2x
Secure conversation. Your details remain between you and your attorney.
Icon clock@2x
Get an answer guaranteed. Be assured that a lawyer will contact you to help with your legal issue.
Start your session now