Can my mother steal from me?

Rockford, IL |

I have am ipod touch and I had chosen to download Snapchat without my mothers permission and she has taken the iPod away for good. Is she able to do that or does she have to give it back at some point. If you can please help me with this issue I would gteatly appreciate it.

It appears that you are a minor still under your mother's care. Your mother can take away your ipod for disobeying her rules. You will be able to make your own rules when you arer no longer a minor and no longer living under your nother's roof.

if you are a minor, under age 18, yes she may take it from you.

so now you have learned to obey her reasonable rules.

Yes, she can, if you are under the age of 18.

None of the information given in these answers should be considered legal advice. By the nature of the forum, the information I have on your situation is extremely limited, and therefore my response should in no way be relied upon as accurate. I am simply trying to give you more information to lead you in the right direction. No attorney/client relationship is created by this interaction. I am only licensed to practice in the State of Illinois. If you live on another State, any information I provide will not be specific to your State. You should always consult with a lawyer in your local area.

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody