Can my mother really put me out?

Port Charlotte, FL |

I have been living in this house all my life and my kids and my self receive mail here. I am a twenty- four year old mother of four kids . My mother has stated severally times that she is going to put me out. I have no where to go with my self and four kids. What should I do?

You should find a new place to live. Your mother has no legal obligation to maintain you and your family in her home. She has the ability to legally put you out, though it is arguably through an unlawful detainer action.

The contents of this answer should be considered friendly advice, not legal advice and the answer should not be construed to constitute an attorney-client relationship. If you'd like actual legal advice, call me at 954-567-4100. Also, if you liked this answer did, be sure to click the thumbs-up button

I have moved out once, and yes I ended up back home. How ever in this small town that I live in it's very hard to get around. I want to leave my mother 's home and get my own. How can you when your mother tells you, If you leave you can't take your kids with you. If you still leave I will still be claiming your kids. So how can I get out of that?

Marian Audrey Lindquist

Marian Audrey Lindquist

You didn't say that your mother was the legal guardian of your children. Assuming custody of your children has not been taken from you, leave and take your children. It sounds like an unhealthy relationship you have with your mother.

Thank You

I agree with Ms. Lindquist. In fact you might come home one afternoon to find your belongings on the side of the road with the garbage can. Have you thought of finding a job?

This answer was provided as a courtesy to you and no attempt was made to establish any type of attorney/client relationship.