Can my mother apply for Green Card now? What are the possibilities of granting Green card?

Asked 10 months ago - San Jose, CA

I am Permanent Resident, before I applied for citizenship my mother came on visitor visa. We applied for visitor visa extension for her and she overstayed for 3 full months. she did not get extension approval.

when she was here i have applied Citizenship for me and looks like it takes time for me to get citizenship, in this case if my mother leaves USA I heard that her visa will be cancelled. In this situation can she get Green card for her without any problems once i get citizenship?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

13

Answered . If she overstayed over 180 days, she will be subject to a bar of 3 to 10 years from returning to the U.S.
    Please see

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

5

Answered . Hire an attorney to assist you in your mother's immigration matter.

3. Tripti Sharad Sharma

3

Answered . If she collected unlawful presence of 6 months and over, they will be subject to bars. It is best to have her file reviewed by an immigration attorney before you take any steps towards filing any petition and absolutely before she decides to leave the U.S.

4. Ripal Patel

1

Answered . Your best course of action is to Hire an Immigration Attorney to assist you in this matter. From reading your other question, it appears that she has already left United States.

Sincerely,
    Ripal Patel, Esq.
    San Jose, Ca