Can my medical insurance be billed for surgeries received related to the initial surgery?

Pleasant Hill, MO |

I am a breast cancer survivor and had breast implant surgery on December 26th. In February, I had staph in an area I had problems with for months and had to have implant removed with another one put in its place. On March 3rd I had emergency surgery due to skin coming apart in that same area and had the implant removed. This past week (week of Mar 11th) I started to have leakage and was told on the 15th that I was going to have to have surgery again to clean up that same area and to put a drain in. I appreciate any feedback on this. This is only a summary of what I've been through.

1. The office will likely get this approved with the insurance company before the procedure, so check to see if there is a problem with the approval.

2. Yes. Your medical insurance should apply to all medically necessary procedures.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.

3. Your insurance should over any surgeries deemed medically necessary that stem from the original surgery.

4. Yes . Your surgeries and follow-up treatment should be covered.

Medical malpractice topics