Can my manager change my timecard to less hours then actually worked when he does payroll?

Asked over 5 years ago - Mcallen, TX

I am a supervisor of a dining hall at a university. The company I work for is contracted out to provide meals for the students and staff. My manager is shaving time off of my computerized timecard each week to match the posted schedule. He says if I am scheduled to take an hour lunch but only take 30 minutes that he will dock me for and hour anyway. The only time I don't take the scheduled time off the clock is because I don't have enough help to get the jobs done before we open back up for dinner and need to get the work done. Is it illegal for him to not pay me for hours actually worked just to comply with his pre-set scheduel and keep labor costs down for the company?

1. Okorie Okorocha

Answered . He cannot take time you worked off your time card and not pay you. He is committing a fraud on you and stealing. I would contact a lawyer and the labor commission in your state immediately.

My standard disclaimer: I am not offering legal advice, assume I do not know the law in your state and that I am just making suggestions for starting points for when you do speak with an attorney. Do NOT rely on anything I write and contact a lawyer in your area immediately after reading my posting.