Skip to main content

Can my license be suspended for a paid ticket older than two years?

Orlando, FL |

I recently received notice from the state of florida that my license will be suspended due to 12 points in 12 months however the tickets listed are two years old. the dmv advised that orange county just sent them the ticket info from a ticket dated jan 2010. is there anything I can do to change this?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Best answer

    I am very familiar with the situation with Orange County and their delay in reporting dispositions from 2010. Even though you paid the ticket, the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles never received the end result from the Orange County Clerk's office. Your only hope in trying to alleviate the point suspension is to go back and reopen one of the citations. There may be some other ways to avoid the suspension in dealing with the DHSMV directly in Tallahassee. They may require you to complete a long term 12 hour advanced driver improvement school too.

    This is not intended to be an attorney-client relationship and is my opinion only. Consult with a local attorney for additional advice.

  2. There may be little you can do, but I agree with counsel that asking Orange county to amend one of the charges, it may help. Talk to an Orlando area attorney.

  3. This is certainly a wicked situation for you. One attorney seems to know all about the problem, and perhaps he is the local one you want to hire to help you out of this predicament. Good luck to you.

Traffic tickets topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics