Can my lawyer refuse to get me a ledger from my car insurance company

Salem, MA |

he doesn't wanna fight for my medicals which is about 32 thousand for me and my 3 other fam members in this car accident i just want to veryfie that in fact no medicals have been paid out i cant get it my self cause i gave him my right to represent me so my insurace cant even talk to me about this case my lawyer told me to take it to small claims or something because no lawyer is gonna take my case on medicals

You can retain a new attorney. Make sure the lawyer negotiates your medical bills down to pennies on the dollar before you sign a release, otherwise the lawyer has no incentive to do so after he gets his fee.

so today i went in the office with the advice you guys gave me i told him im not settling till i found out if medicals were paid i told him i want a copy of a ledger you are my atorney you have to get me that then he told me i dont have to do nothing then i told him you do i got some info that tells me you do so he was mad and called guess what they did pay medicals out and he kept telling me no they didnt because smith and brink denied your claim i had ask yesturday for the paper that said i was denied on my med bills and i read i was only denied the therapy bills because i guess that they wrote a bunch of thing that dint go with our hospital diagnose so they were not liable the health pro phsycal therapy so they didnt get payed but the rest of my bills did i kept telling them today they paid all the other bills and finally now i know they did pay so ok he still making me settle even knowing now that my meds are paid and i told him no i think the case looks better now its not my fault what the health pro did or write he said yes it is im like why is it my fault he said they gonna put you on the stand and they gonna make you look like your lied im like but i didnt lie then he turned it and said well your husband lied about driving without a license even though it had nothing to do with the accident it make you all look like liars and they not gonna pay u nothing you gonna go to court and get zero im like but my husbands driving without a license has nothing to do with the fact we got hit we were hurt im still hurt got proof hanover said they were responsible pip did pay my bills if there was any liability issues they wouldnt pay out nothing and they are the ones calling you with negotiacion then he thru a tantrome in the office told me i was ungrateful that he got me more than he thinks i deserve that i should be kissing the floor he steps on blah blah then he was like im done with you i said ok so give me a letter that you quit my case he said no have your new lawyer send me papers so he can lean me this guy is a jerk i just dont know how to find a lawyer that can help me with this craziness then the other lawyer calmed him down he thinks thirday im gonna sign the releases im so frustrated its to much

You can fire your attorney, ask for a copy of your file, and have your case reviewed by another attorney. You should also check to see if Personal Injury Protection coverage is available to you and your family. A new attorney reviewing the case will want to know the property damage of the vehicle, whether there is any liability dispute as to how the accident happened, the medical providers you saw after the accident, what type of injuries you sustained as a result of the accident, if you have any pre-existing injuries, and how you are doing now. Good Luck.

this lawyer is giving me hell i dont even know how to find a new lawyer and i dont know all them facts plus he said that i have a dead line to the offer they are presenting me with if i dont take it im not getting nothing or no more than what they offered

You can certainly discharge your attorney and negotiate the medical bills down quite a bit using another lawyer or on your own.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.

he tells me no lawyer is gonna take your case plus is gonna be 3 years in january blah blah he tells me and it hard to get a lawyer now i dont even know how to find one here in mass it crazy

Your question does not readily make sense but the reason is that yes, your attorney would see to it that you know what is paid, and inferentially whether there is a lien on your accident case by a health care insurer, and it is hard to fathom why you would have to ask. It is not a matter of Small Claims court; it is a Superior court type case with medical bills of that size.
Bob Flynn

well the reson i asked was because he refused even dealing with my pip on my medicals but then when i told him what i learned here about him as my lawer having to get that pip log to find out if any bills were paid he got the pip log right away and he was telling me the entire time that my bills wernt paid for but when i got the pip log they had actually paid all the medical bill except for the therapy beacse their nots wernt in order and and things not actually matching my medical tests ect