Can my landlord still sue for court costs and lawyer fees after I paid my rent?

Asked about 1 year ago - Philadelphia, PA

Rent is due on the 1st, by the 5th (the latest). I paid my rent along with the late fee by the 26th. I received court papers my apartment complex is suing me for attorney's fees and court fees along with the rent I already paid. Can they sue me before the month is over? Also can they still sue me for court costs and attorney's fees after I paid my rent?

1. Michael W. Aitken

3

Answered . Please consult with a local attorney for a review of the lease and your associated rights.

2. Matthew Louis Solomon

Pro

2

Answered . It would be important to review your lease as well as the timing of the lawsuit and your payment

3. Michael Ian Werner

2

Answered . If a careful reading of the lease doesn't answer your questions, you consult with a local attorney who is well versed in Landlord Tenant laws and how they are implemented in Philadelphia.

4. Mark Copoulos

Pro

Answered . It depends on what is stated in your lease. You should consult with a Landlord-Tenant attorney to evaluate your possible defenses. My office offers a free consultation, and affordable representation in LT matter such as this in Philadelphia.

267-535-9776 - Ask for Mark Copoulos.