Can my landlord management allow me out of my lease because of another tenant calling my children and I racist derrogatory names

Waldorf, MD |

my neighbor and his wife are clearly racist calling my children and I racist derrogatory names, parking their vehicles under my window and racing the motors and sounding off their alarms at all hours of the night. I asked my rental office to allow me out of my lease since I am a single mom and to be honest I found this behavior of a us marine quite appaling. The rental office will not respond to my request only saying he will be moving soon. Because the police is frequently called to his home for him and his wife and because he has called me racist names I am in fear of my life. I have wrote multiple letters to the rental office to no avail. I recently left the rental property I want to know do i have any rights as to avoid early termination fees?

Because the landlord did not create this situation, there isn't really anything that he or she is required to do. They can certainly let you out of the lease agreement if they so choose; however, they have no obligation to do so. You could contact the police or file a Complaint to obtain a protective order against your neighbor.

The information provided herein is general information only and not legal advice. The information provided herein does not create an attorney client relationship and is not a substitute for having a consultation with an attorney. It is important to have a consultation with an attorney as the information provided in this forum is limited and cannot possibly cover all potential issues in a given situation