Can my landlord evict me even though my rent is paid

Ypsilanti, MI |

i just moved in and ever since i got there it seems like racial profiling, me and my boyfriend smoke our ciggarettes outside and not in the house and he has friends who live in the same complex and thay all hang out and there id no signs that say no loitering so what are they doing wrong i went and talked to the office today because they are telling people i dont even know that we are selling drugs and i dont sell anything i simply told her that if the police come to my house and hurt my kids emotional well being i will litigate and the fact that she said the men who were outside were intimidating the neighboors is crazy its because they are black they are doing nothing wrong and the management feels that they are because they are black and when they are together they are doing wrong......

Whether your landlord can evict you does not only depend on whether your rent is paid. Rather, it depends on other factors, such as whether you have materially breached your lease. To give you an example, if your lease states that you are not allowed to cause substantial modification to your residential unit, and your landlord finds out you have broken/removed the wall between a bedroom and living room, then your landlord could seek to have you evicted.

Your landlord cannot evict you solely because you are black. You should contact an attorney in your local jurisdiction to evaluate the particular circumstances of your situation.

DISCLAIMER: Although I am an attorney, absent a signed retention and engagement letter, I am not your attorney. There are no exceptions to this rule. Moreover, you shall not rely on the information I am providing you, as it is only for your general knowledge and educational purposes. Indeed, my analysis is always based on the laws of Georgia, and your jurisdiction might have substantially different laws and requirements. As such, you should always contact an attorney that practices in your local area.

Recommended articles about Real estate