Skip to main content

Can my kids come back to me although they were taken when I was in the hospital and they were being supervised by my fiancé.?

Washington, DC |

my child somehow drowned but lived while I was in hospital and he was under my fiancé watch
im asking as the father biological of one,
can I get the kids in my possesion

Attorney Answers 1

  1. It appears that the children were removed from your fiance's care due to possible failure to protect and the siblings under the imminent danger. Your fact pattern does not reveal much. As the biological father you can file for physical/legal custody of the children. If there is an open neglect case, most likely your custody and the neglect cases would be consolidated.

    You should consult an experienced DC Family Lawyer. This response does not constitute/create an attorney-client relationship. Moreover, this answer is informational only and cannot be construed as legal advise.

Child custody topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics