Can my immigration attorney provide me with a letter by him, to present my employer, to be allowed to work while I wait for ead

Asked 8 months ago - Lafayette, IN

Applied for Deffered Action- 11/18/13
Biometrics done- 1/8/2014

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Nope.

    The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed... more
  2. Daniel Warren Thomann

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Unfortunately, no - because until you are granted work authorization you are not authorized to work. Good luck!

    The information above is general in nature and is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship between... more
  3. Heather Louise Garvock


    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . No, only USCIS can authorize you to work. Your attorney can only say the request is pending.

    Heather L. Garvock Attorney Ellis Porter, PLC 2701 Troy Center Dr., 410 Troy, MI 48084 Phone: 248-519-9900... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,597 answers this week

3,079 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,597 answers this week

3,079 attorneys answering