Can my illegal immigrant boyfriend benefit from living with me if he takes me to court for our child?

Fort Lauderdale, FL |

I am not living with him right now but plan on doing so. I just think in the case that we break up... Could he benefit in court with the fact that we lived together with our child? We have broken up before and he threatened me with taking me to court to take the baby with him sometimes. Also if I get married an we got divorced... Would it affect the judge's decision or the law?

1. Sorry, this is not an immigration question.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

2. Please repost. This is not an immigration law question.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

3. Love is an uncontrollable reflex. I agree. HE will not be able to take the baby anywhere.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.